W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 22:15:47 -0700
Message-ID: <E16EB59B8AEDF445B644617E3C1B3C9C037EEA11@repbex01.amer.bea.com>
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Regrets.
 
Maryann and I have been talking about 4414 and I think we are making
good progress towards a proposal for 2007-04-11.
 
Cheers,
Dave


________________________________

	From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B
Ferris
	Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:51 AM
	To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
	Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 -
2007-04-04
	
	

	Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04
	
	The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is
documented on the WG's administrative home page:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
	
	Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as
documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with
Zakim:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
	
	1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
	
	a) Scribe List:
	
	Asir Vedamuthu (scribe Wed Apr 4)
	Frederick Hirsch (scribe Wed Apr 11)
	Dimitar Angelov
	Sanjiva Weerawarana
	Ruchith Fernando
	Tom Jordahl
	Vladislav Bezrukov
	----------------------
	Symon Chang
	Doug Davis
	Jacques Durand
	Steve Jones
	Paul Knight
	Mohammad Makarechian
	Jonathan Marsh
	Arnaud Meyniel
	Sanjay Patil
	Skip Snow
	Mark Temple-Raston
	Jeff Mischkinsky
	Sanka Samaranayake
	Yakov Sverdlov
	Dale Moberg
	Chris Ferris
	Mark Little
	Glen Daniels
	William Henry
	Toufic Boubez
	Frederick Hirsch
	Prasad Yendluri
	Anthony Nadalin
	Daniel Roth
	Fabian Ritzmann
	Sergey Beryozkin
	Charlton Barreto
	David Orchard
	Ashok Malhotra
	Abbie Barbir
	Maryann Hondo
	Dale Moberg
	Monica Martin
	Felix Sasaki
	
	b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
	Member only:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
	
	2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair
	
	a) Review and approval of Mar 28 minutes
	Draft minutes:
	http://www.w3.org/2007/03/28-ws-policy-minutes.html
	
	3. Future WG meetings, Chair
	
	a) Future meetings
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
	
	b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
	http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done
Wed-Fri.
	
	c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
	http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	
	4. Editorial team report
	Current Editors drafts:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
	
	a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
	
	5. Review action items, Chair
	Open action items:
	Member only:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
	
	ACTION-253 Chris Ferris to convey the disposition of WSDL WG
comments to the WSDL WG
	DONE.  See:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0131.html
	
	ACTION-242
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/242>  OPEN Provide
expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test cases
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/242>  Ashok Malhotra
2007-03-07 <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/243> 
	
	ACTION-243 OPEN Produce a list of change areas in the framework
and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the
reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest
available published committee draft
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/243>  Asir Vedamuthu
2007-04-07 
	
	ACTION-250
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/250>  OPEN Have
timestamps on document and stable packages for release
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/250> Asir Vedamuthu
2007-03-20 <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/251> 
	
	ACTION-251 OPEN Work out a process for making the interop
scenario/test cases available as a "package" so that we have an ED and
WD versions <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/251>
Editors 2007-03-20
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/252> 
	
	ACTION-252 OPEN Open new follow-up issue to 4370
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/252>  Fabian
Ritzmann 2007-03-20
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/255> 
	
	ACTION-255 OPEN Open new primer issue to relate to the
discussion of 4292
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/255>  Charlton
Barreto 2007-03-21
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/256> 
	
	ACTION-256 OPEN Create new primer issue related to 4262
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/256>  Monica Martin
2007-03-21 
	
	ACTION-257
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/257>  OPEN Publish
revised WSDL1.1 Identifiers document as WD
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/257> Felix Sasaki
2007-03-21 <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/258> 
	
	ACTION-258 OPEN Double check that the republished Attachments
document reflects the latest WSDL1.1 Identifiers draft
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/258>  Editors
2007-03-21 <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/259> 
	
	ACTION-259 OPEN Provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/259>  Maryann Hondo
2007-03-21 
	
	ACTION-260
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/260>  OPEN Provide
revised proposal for 4074
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/260>  Maryann Hondo
2007-03-21 <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/262> 
	
	ACTION-262 OPEN And Felix to send a note to the chairs list
(esp. the usual liaison WGs) about the re-publication of the framework
and attachment docs
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/262>  Paul Cotton
2007-04-04 
	
	ACTION-263
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/263>  OPEN Contact
addressing WG to find out their schedule regarding policy assertion
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/263>  Christopher
Ferris 2007-04-04
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/264> 
	DONE. See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2007Mar/0573.html 
	
	ACTION-264 OPEN Update the dashboard with negative tests
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/264>  Asir Vedamuthu
2007-04-04 <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/265> 
	
	ACTION-265 OPEN Update the dashboard summary with negative tests
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/265>  Christopher
Ferris 2007-04-04
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/266> 
	
	ACTION-266 OPEN Check the dashboard summary representation to
make sure they are properly corrected
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/266>  Christopher
Ferris 2007-04-04
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/267> 
	
	ACTION-267 OPEN Convey resolution of 4394 to the commentor
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/267>  Asir Vedamuthu
2007-04-04 
	
	ACTION-268
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/268>  OPEN Think
about proposal from paul: taking a subset of the BPs and see how long it
will take them to give revised sections back
<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/268>  Editors
2007-04-04 
	
	6. Liaison items
	
	a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 -
Metadata specification
	Email to WS-A WG:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html
	
	Consolidated list of Alternatives A thru D to resolved WS ADDR
LC comment
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0027.html
	Note: I am not proposing we discuss this at this meeting.  This
is being processed by the WS-Addressing WG.
	
	a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
	Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more
progress.
	
	7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
	
	a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html
	
	b) CR dashboard summary
	
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashb
oard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322
	Status: We are still looking for more Round1 and Round2 results.
	
	8. CR issues
	
	a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should
be used as a reference
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
	Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.
	
	b) ACTION-252 Fabian to open new follow-up issue to 4370
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4370
	
	9. Primer issues
	
	a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection
discussion describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to
intersection mode conflicts
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393
	
	ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate
to the discussion of 4292
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
	Status: Awaiting revised change proposal and more email
discussion.
	
	b) ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262
Monica Martin 2007-03-21
	
	c) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann
Hondo
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html
	Status: Awaiting diff markup proposal and more email discussion.
	
	10. Guidelines issues, Part 1
	
	a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy
attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
	
	ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue
3978.
	DONE. See:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
	Status: Awaiting diff markup proposal and more email discussion.
	
	b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or
text issues, Dan
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
	
	ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
	
	11. Guideline issues, Part 2
	Status: These issues will processed against the next public WD.
	
	a) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document.,
Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
	Maryann's response:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
	Asir:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
	Umit:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
	Proposal from IBM/MSFT:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0069.html
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0071.html
	Status: Awaiting input from Editors.
	
	b) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an
assertion., Asir
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
	Email discussion thread:
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
	Status: Awaiting progress on Issue 3989.
	
	12. Any other business
	
	13. Adjournment
	
	Christopher Ferris
	STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
	email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
	blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
	phone: +1 508 377 9295
	
	
	
	
Received on Wednesday, 4 April 2007 05:16:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT