W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > October 2006

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 13 - 2006-10-18

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 07:05:53 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: "chris.ferris@gmail.com" <chris.ferris@gmail.com>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571EE5D43FCF@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 13 - 2006-10-18

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Sanka Samaranayake (Secretary for Oct 18)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Fabian Ritzmann
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Jong Lee
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Asir Vedamuthu
Ümit Yalçinalp
Frederick Hirsch
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

c) Regrets
Asir Vedamuthu

2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-10-11 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/11-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Oct 25 - Chris to chair

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

c) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note from Chairs: Please be sure to have proposals for your issues and your actions
complete by 3 Nov to that others have time to cherish and grok

4. Editorial team report

a) Terms should be defined/targeted in the appropriate sections of the spec, Editors
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3720
Status from Oct 04 DaveO instructed to pursue his Option 3
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0013.html

b) Editors to clarify the use of the term "domain", Editors
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3706
Action item:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/94
Status from Oct 04: members to review draft

c) Review next editors draft to see if there are any security considerations from framework doc that apply to attachment doc, Editors
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/110
Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.

d) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, MaryAnn
Status from Oct 11: ED to be available this week
ACTION: Prepare Editor's Draft of Guidelines document:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/102 (complete)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0019.html

ACTION: Add adopted guidance to Guidelines document for Issue 3577:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/108
Status from Oct 11: Pending next Editor's Draft. Maryann seeking
input from editors and chairs as to whether what is currently in the
GL resolves 3577
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2006Oct/0021.html

e) Approve Primer ED for publication as WD?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0219.html
Status from Oct 11: status section approved, pending pub req, Felix
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/126

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

Action items not otherwise on this agenda:

a) ACTION 96 - Investigate usage of "policy alternative vocabulary", Glen D
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/96
Status from Oct 11: Glen to complete AI

6. Liaison items

a) New C14N/1.1 WD and Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework (ed. copy)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0130.html
Status: Action on Paul to review WD
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/127

7. Open Issues with pending actions

a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: WG to review Ashok's proposal
Ashok's proposal email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0218.html

b) Definition of Interaction
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3705
Status: WG to review proposal
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0093.html

c) add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Glen to start internal thread on possible response:
http://www.w3.org/mid/80A43FC052CE3949A327527DCD5D6B2701ECEBFA@MAIL01.bedford.progress.com
[NOTE: no AI recorded, and the minutes are vage about what was to be done. I had thought we agreed
to make the proposed email more formal request for a joint TF]

d) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: Action on Dan to get reply from commenter:
email from PaulC to PaulD
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html

3) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 11: deferred a week
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html

8. New Issues since last meeting (not dicussed Oct 11)

a) Add example about policies in the context of relationships between multiple entities, Yakov
Status from Oct 04: not discussed
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3793
email from drsecure:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0030.html

b) Pl. remove references to proprietary documents , Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3797
email from PaulC possible duplicate?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0047.html

c) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist , Umit (repeated below)
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809

d) A wg member neutral name is desirable, Umit (repeated below)
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3815

9. Primer issues

a) primer/guidelines overlap, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3791

b) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792

c) Section 3 overlap of primer with guidelines, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3794

d) (Primer) Section 2.4-, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3795

e) A wg member neutral name is desirable, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3815

f) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809

10. Optionality tar ball
Status from Oct 11: healthy discussion, to be carried forward on mailing list

a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0026.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0027.html

b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721

c) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
Status: WG members to review proposed text in Guidelines document.
See thread started by Dan:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0146.html
See proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0018.html
See also this email from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0216.html

11. Any other business

12. Adjourn
/paulc
Received on Sunday, 15 October 2006 14:49:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:42 GMT