W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > October 2006

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 12 - 2006-10-11

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 17:06:07 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571E022E7647@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 12 - 2006-10-11

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Charlton Barreto (Secretary for Oct 11)
Sanka Samaranayake (Secretary for Oct 18)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Fabian Ritzmann
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Jong Lee
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Asir Vedamuthu
Ümit Yalçinalp
Frederick Hirsch
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

c) Regrets
Asir Vedamuthu

2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-10-04 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/04-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Oct 18 - Chris to chair

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

c) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report

a) Terms should be defined/targeted in the appropriate sections of the spec, Editors
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3720
Status from Oct 04 DaveO instructed to pursue his Option 3
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0013.html

b) Editors to clarify the use of the term "domain", Editors
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3706
Action item:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/94
Status from Oct 04: members to review draft

c) Review next editors draft to see if there are any security considerations from framework doc that apply to attachment doc, Editors
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/110
Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.

d) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, MaryAnn
Status from Oct 04: Felix to make draft available via CVS
ACTION: Prepare Editor's Draft of Guidelines document:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/102 (complete)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0019.html

ACTION: Add adopted guidance to Guidelines document for Issue 3577:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/108
Status from Oct 04: Pending next Editor's Draft.

e) Approve Primer ED for publication as WD?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0219.html
Status from Oct 04: chairs and felix have AI 124 to propose status text and ed notes
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/124

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

Action items not otherwise on this agenda:

a) ACTION 96 - Investigate usage of "policy alternative vocabulary", Glen D
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/96
Status from Oct 04: Glen to complete AI

6. Liaison items

a) New C14N/1.1 WD and Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework (ed. copy)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0130.html
Status: Action on Paul to send approved response (complete)
email from Paul to Jose Kahan (originator of request)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0039.html

7. Open Issues with pending actions

a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: Ashok to rework proposal considering WG f/b in telcon
Ashok's proposal email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0218.html

b) Definition of Interaction
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3705
Status: Action on Asir and MaryAnn to draft a change proposal:
deferred a week
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/48

c) add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Glen to start internal thread on possible response:
http://www.w3.org/mid/80A43FC052CE3949A327527DCD5D6B2701ECEBFA@MAIL01.bedford.progress.com
[NOTE: no AI recorded, and the minutes are vage about what was to be done. I had thought we agreed
to make the proposed email more formal request for a joint TF]

d) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: Action on Dan to get reply from commenter:
email from PaulC to PaulD
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html

e) Which policy alternative was selected?
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3639
Status from Oct 04: Dan to initiate public email thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0043.html

f) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.0 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 04: Felix to start a mail thread on the discussion between Ashok, PLH and Felix (complete)
email from Felix:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html

8. New Issues since last meeting

a) Add example about policies in the context of relationships between multiple entities, Yakov
Status from Oct 04: not discussed
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3793
email from drsecure:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0030.html

b) Pl. remove references to proprietary documents , Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3797
email from PaulC possible duplicate?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0047.html

c) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist , Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809

9. Primer issues

a) primer/guidelines overlap, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3791

b) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792

c) Section 3 overlap of primer with guidelines, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3794

d) (Primer) Section 2.4-, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3795

10. Optionality tar ball
Status from Oct 04: not discussed

a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0026.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0027.html

b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721

c) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
Status: WG members to review proposed text in Guidelines document.
See thread started by Dan:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0146.html
See proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0018.html
See also this email from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0216.html

11. Any other business

12. Adjourn
Received on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 00:08:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:42 GMT