RE: Updated wsd11elementidentifers

Hi Ashok,

I've gone through your attached document and done some of the changes,
but not all.  I'll be sending out an update tonight that includes all
these changes plus a bunch of error corrections in the wsdl example.  I
hope we can get this on the agenda for tomorrow, but it might be too
late.

The editorial changes have been done (abstract, intro, minor language
change, italicized names).

I have added a the missing binding operation fault

Now we get into the tricky parts.

1. I disagree with introducing Endpoint, Endpoint Component, Endpoint
Operation.  These items are not defined in WSDL 1.1.  The document as it
stands defines EI (element identifiers) for Service and Port, which are
defined in wsdl 1.1.  On principle, I do not believe in attempting to
"swizzle" the wsdl 2.0 names into wsdl 1.1 EIs.

The question to the group would be something like "Do you prefer WSDL
1.1 element names or WSDL 2.0 component names in the WSDL 1.1 EI?".

2. I disagree with the proposed definition for portType and binding
operation in/outs.  I have used the wsdl 2.0 style for consistency.  In
the examples, I propose:
wsdl11.portTypeMessageReference(TicketAgent/listFlights/In)

And you propose:
wsdl11.portTypeIn(TicketAgent/listFlights)

I think the default should be to follow the WSDL 2.0 convention for the
EI template (though not the names as I said in point #1).

The question to the group would be something like "Do you prefer an EI
template different than the WSDL 2.0 Component Designator template?".

So, if you continue to disagree, let's just get the group to decide.
They are straightforward questions I think.

Cheers,
Dave