W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > August 2006

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 07 - 2006-08-23

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:38:44 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22570EB20F8583@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 07 - 2006-08-23

[VER 2]
1. Yakov Sverdlov has agreed to be secretary.
2. Fixed text and URL for minutes agenda item.
3. Added some suggested changes to minutes.
4. Added reminder about F2F registration.
5. Added all newly opened issues.
6. Re-ordered issues for discussion under several agenda items.
7. Added agenda item for possible Out of Scope issues.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG teleconference is
documented on the WG's administrative home page:
        http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page.   Please register with Zakim:
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

Teleconference Time and Length (two hours)
Pacific   9 AM - 11 AM
Mountain 10 AM - 12 PM
Central  11 AM -  1 PM
Eastern  12 PM -  2 PM
UK        5 PM -  7 PM
Sri Lanka 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List: (will select one victim in-order from the list below)
       Anthony Nadalin
       Dimitar Angelov
       Sanjiva Weerawarana
       Bijan Parsia
       Yakov Sverdlov
       Monica Martin
       Seumas Soltysik
       Maryann Hondo
       Toufic Boubez
       Glen Daniels
       Fabian Ritzmann
       Ashok Malhotra
       Sanka Samaranayake
       Ruchith Fernando
       Felix Sasaki
       Daniel Roth
       Charlton Barreto
       Jeffrey Crump
       Tom Jordahl
       Jong Lee
       Asir Vedamuthu
       Ümit Yalçinalp
       Frederick Hirsch
       Dale Moberg
       David Orchard
       Jeff Mischkinsky
       William Henry
       Prasad Yendluri
       Mark Little
       Abbie Barbir

c) Scribe FAQ
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0013.html

2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-08-16 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-minutes.html

Requested changes:
a) Ümit Yalçinalp, SAP was not recorded as present.
b) William G Henry, IONA was not recorded as present.
c) Sanka Samaranayake, WS02 was not recorded as present.
d) Umit's additional comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0031.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Aug 30 - Chris to chair

b) Registration for Sep F2F closes on Fri Aug 25!

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. Editorial team report

5. Review action items, Chair

a) Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

6. Detailed review of current drafts

a) A reminder to WG members that they need to do a thorough review of the WDs and raise any issues
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0077.html

7. Editorial and wording changing issues (30 minutes)
NOTE: issues discussed on the list will get preferential ordering in the agenda.

a) Typo wsp:tPolicyURIs in Section 3.3 first example, William
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3605
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0113.html
Chair recommendation: Resolve and assign to Editors.

b) Conformance Sections needed for both specs, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3559
Status: This issue proposes:
" Add a separate conformance section to both specifications, WS-Policy Framework and WS-Policy Attachment."
Chair recommendation: Add empty sections to our documents, assign action item to provide the contents and keep Issue open.

c) Remove misleading reference to a Requester policy, Yakov
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3586
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0076.html
in which Yakov states:
"The bottom line is that my proposal is not applicable to the editor's
copy of the specification."
Chair recommendation: Resolve with no changes to the base documents.

d) Clarify the relation of overlapping definitions in the fr...,
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3562
Status: Editorial team is working on this issue.
Chair recommendation: Ask the Editors when this item will be completed.

8. Possible out of Scope issues

a) Implementation APIs for WS-Policy should not simply wrap DOM elements, Seumas Soltysik
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3592

b) Policy Negotiation, Toufic Boubez
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3616
Toufic's original issue:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0017.html
F2F discussion on policy negotiation is at:
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#item02

9. Minor Technical Issues (30 minutes)
NOTE: issues discussed on the list will get preferential ordering in the agenda.

a) Usage of Internationalized Resource Identifiers for W3C W..., Felix
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3561
Status: Felix's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0065.html
Asir's amendment:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0073.html

b) Policy Application to Web services Model description inac..., Prasad
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3552
Status: Proposal in Bugzilla entry.

c) Require assertions to be distinguished from parameter elements, Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3549
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0117.html

d) Add discussion/examples of domain expressions, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3557
Status: Ashok opened new issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0085.html

10. Major Technical Issues (30 minutes)
NOTE: issues discussed on the list will get preferential ordering  in the agenda.

a) should ws-policy-attach permit use of BP1.1 amended extensibility points? Chris F
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3544
Status: Issue 3544 is awaiting action 54:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/54
Done. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0130.html

b) Normalization should make empty nested policy elements, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3548
Status: See exchange beginning here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0063.html

c) Semantics of successful intersection determined by domain-specific assertion content, Glen D
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3577

d) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564

11. New issues (since Aug 7)

a) Policy framework should document extensibility points, David Orchard
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3590
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0098.html

b) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.0 definitions, etc. , Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599

c) The absence of an assertion should not mean that the behavior is "explicitly prohibited", Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3602

d) Goals section inadequate or unnecessary, Bijan Parsia
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3604

e) Better describe policy language capabilities in the Introduction, Yakov
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3607
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0115.html

f) Clarify conversion of compact to normal form in Framework section 4.3, Frederick H
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3613

g) Coordination item, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619

h) Policy Attachment to WS-Addr EndpointReferences, Glen D
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3620

11. Any other business

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 23 August 2006 15:39:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:40 GMT