W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org > November 2006

Re: Revisiting Editors' Con Call Slot (was RE: agenda for today's policy editors call

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:18:42 -0500
Message-Id: <B4358283-1249-41E6-B2A9-058D5B3AA0B0@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, "Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, Maryann Hondo <mhondo@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org>
To: ext Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>

Wed 12 pm PST and 1pm PST are good, 2pm PST is ok, not great.  
Thursday 9-11 PST and 1pm PST are also possible.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia


On Nov 19, 2006, at 10:04 PM, ext Asir Vedamuthu wrote:

>
> Looking back ... On Wednesdays, we (editors) took ownership of  
> editorial actions from the WG conference call and completed them by  
> Friday. We delivered editors' drafts to the WG by Friday (earliest)  
> or Monday (latest). Thus far, this arrangement has worked very well  
> and we have been on time. And, this arrangement has been very  
> helpful to the WG. Furthermore, meeting on Wednesdays helps us  
> minimize the context switching on WG issues and editorial actions.
>
> I suggest that we continue to meet on Wednesdays and look for a  
> slot that accommodates Umit.
>
> Maryann and Frederick are on the east coast. I assume that their  
> hard stop is 3 PM Pacific; any timeslot (other than 11 AM Pacific)  
> is going to be inconvenient for Felix.
>
> Let's consider 3 alternate slots:
>
> Wednesday 12 PM Pacific
> Wednesday 01 PM Pacific
> Wednesday 02 PM Pacific
>
> I am open to meet in any of the above time slots. Editors, what is  
> your availability?
>
> Regards,
>
> Asir S Vedamuthu
> Microsoft Corporation
>
>
>
>
>
> From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy- 
> eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Yalcinalp, Umit
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:56 AM
> To: David Orchard; Maryann Hondo; public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
> Subject: RE: agenda for today's policy editors call
>
> Folks,
>
> As you may already know, it is virtually impossible for me to  
> attend the wednesday meetings due to hard scheduling requirements  
> from SAP end (team meeting and other external I can not change on  
> alternating weeks).
>
> Are you open to changing the editors call slot?
>
> Alternatively, I would be happy to coordinate with you and to take  
> on action items as we can agree on email prior or after the  
> meeting. All I want to know is which action items I can look at. I  
> am presuming there is an editors to do list?
>
> Let me know how you want to proceed.
>
> --umit
>
>
>
> ________________________________________
> From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy- 
> eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of David Orchard
> Sent: Wednesday, Nov 15, 2006 10:41 AM
> To: Maryann Hondo; public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
> Subject: RE: agenda for today's policy editors call
> Thanks for organizing this Maryann.
>
> I think I'm supposed to be scribe as I was chair last week and  
> reporter this week, but I have a hard stop at 11:30 Pacific time..
>
> Cheers,
> dave
>
> ________________________________________
> From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy- 
> eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Maryann Hondo
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:18 AM
> To: public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
> Subject: agenda for today's policy editors call
>
> I believe its my turn to chair the editors meeting since I was  
> scribe last week.
>
> Welcome to Fred & Umit.
> We have generally followed a rotation pattern .....we can review  
> this on the call.
>
>
> So,
>
> The primary topic we need to cover is the plan for getting the  
> Guidelines and Primer documents to the working group.
>
>
> Logistics:
> Duration: 1hour -  2pm-3pm Eastern
> Dial-in: See http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/editors#meetings
>
> Zakim------- The code is 3348 (617-761-6200)
> IRC----------------#ws-policy-eds
>
>
> Proposed Agenda:
>
> 1. Administrative
>
>
> review the rotation.....add in umit & fred
>
>     a. This week's arrangements:
>        Chair -Maryann
>        Scribe - ??
>        Regrets:
>
>
>   b.Editorial Team Report: will be delivered by Dave O (yes?)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2006Nov/ 
> 0051.html
>
>   c. Last call's Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2006/11/09-ws-policy- 
> eds-minutes.html
>
> 2. Open Editors Action Items (status Review):
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/open
>
> 3.The primary topic we need to cover is the plan for getting the  
> Guidelines and Primer documents to the working group.
> 4. NEW Editorial Actions from this week's WG Conference Call
>
> 5. AOB?
>
> Maryann
>
>
>
Received on Saturday, 25 November 2006 21:42:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:59 GMT