URI Serialization: Order may be Lost

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:45:31 -0400
To: "'public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org'" <public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>
Cc: Wes Moulder <Wes@webMethods.com>

I am writing this e-mail on behalf of Wes Moulder, webMethods.

ref:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-bindings-20040803/#_http_operation_locat
ion_notcited_uri

"Uncited elements with list values are serialized as one name-value
parameter pair per list value. The name of each parameter is the name of the
uncited element, and the value of each parameter is the corresponding value
in the list."

Is the order of the list value significant? If it is, this is a problem for
a class of implementations: say implementations that use certain frameworks,
such as servlet. Servlet framework does not capture the order. Particularly,
this is an issue if my SOAP node is an intermediary and MEP is response
pattern.

Regards,
Asir S Vedamuthu
asirv at webmethods dot com