Interface = design of the application ??

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:35:52 -0400
To: "'public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org'" <public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "Christopher St. John" <cks@webmethods.com>

I am writing this issue on behalf of Christopher St. John, webMethods.

ref: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040803/#Interface_details

"2.2.1 The Interface Component

An Interface component describes sequences of messages that a service sends
and/or receives. It does this by grouping related messages into operations.
An operation is a sequence of input and output messages, and an interface is
a set of operations. Thus, an interface defines the design of the
application."

This paragraph defines the design of the application. It appears that this
para is moving too fast. It provides some evidence. But, its conclusion -
"Thus, .."  - does not carry sufficient evidence. Then again, WSDL does not
have to say anything about the design of the application. Perhaps, the
design of an interface. We suggest getting rid of the last sentence.

Regards,
Asir S Vedamuthu
asirv at webmethods dot com
http://www.webmethods.com/