RE: internal vs external

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 19:07:16 -0400
To: "Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, <jdart@tibco.com>, "Jean-Jacques Dubray" <jjd@eigner.com>
Cc: "'Assaf Arkin'" <arkin@intalio.com>, "'Champion Mike'" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

At 15:17 -0700 5/5/03, Martin Chapman wrote:
>surely the crux of the matter is whether a choreo langauge needs different
>constructs for  internal and external defintions. If there are no
>differences in  constructs required, it is a design choice as to what one
>exposes. Can we think of any any constructs that are required in one but not
>the other?
>
>Martin.

I agree w/Martin in the above.

that said, is exposure of the details really the internal v/external
distinction?  During the f2f I scribed the list of questions at [1],
which included a lot of other aspects of choreographies w/respect to
what these terms might mean and how they might be applied.  Despite
trying my best to keep up w/the WG mailing archive, I still don't see
that we've answered most of them (although they start from having use
cases, which is what we are grappling with, so I mean this to be a
constructive comment to the effect that we might be getting closer to
answering these as we move forward)
  - JH

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2003Mar/0022.html

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler