RE: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:47:54 -0700
To: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Cc: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

David,

> This all boils down to what I see as being the key differentiator of a
> choreography from a (business) process which is that with a choreography
> there is no single process that is in complete control - therefore the
> processes involved have to "cooperate". On the other hand with a process
> there is a single entity in control and therefore you have a business
> process instead which can be implemented using languages such as BPEL.

What if I just look at the supplier, invoice, scheduling and shipping web services exchanging messages among them. How do I know that the supplier is in charge (assuming I don't know it's actually implemented as a BPEL process)?

Your distinction seems to be based on knowing the internal implementation of the web services involved, which I thought was outside of choreography's scope.

Ugo