From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 1:48 PM
To: Burdett, David
Cc: public-ws-chor@w3.org
Subject: RE: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

David,

> This all boils down to what I see as being the key differentiator of a
> choreography from a (business) process which is that with a choreography
> there is no single process that is in complete control - therefore the
> processes involved have to "cooperate". On the other hand with a process
> there is a single entity in control and therefore you have a business
> process instead which can be implemented using languages such as BPEL.

What if I just look at the supplier, invoice, scheduling and shipping web
services exchanging messages among them. How do I know that the supplier is
in charge (assuming I don't know it's actually implemented as a BPEL
process)?

Your distinction seems to be based on knowing the internal implementation of
the web services involved, which I thought was outside of choreography's
scope.

Ugo