Re: W3C WS-Choreo WG - Issue 973

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:34:37 +0200
To: "Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>
Cc: <public-ws-chor-comments@w3.org>

* Martin Chapman wrote:
>We discussed 973 on our con call last night:
>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-ws-chor-irc
>
>The group felt that putting an example in that showed an extension
>contradicting the specification was not appropraite (like a negative
>test). However, the group did agree to put such an example in the
>primer, which is currently being drafted.

Again, my main concern is that

  Extensions MUST NOT contradict the semantics of any
  element or attribute from the WS-CDL namespace.

I do not understand how an extension can "contradict the semantics" of
other elements or attributes. The best interpretation I can come up with
is that this means processing by implementations that support the
extension must be equivalent to processing by implementations that do
not support the extension. That's not really different from prohibing
extensions.