RE: Proposed issue text

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:45:29 -0400
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
Cc: <public-ws-async-tf@w3.org>

Hi Mark:

> In terms of justification, I think the issue is more
> fundamental; the
> WS-A charter says that we will define
>
> > [t]he use of these abstract message properties in the
> context of all
> > WSDL 1.1 or WSDL 2.0 Message Exchange Patterns, including the
> > asynchronous use of these MEPs.
>
> That's pretty specific; we have to define how MAPs are used in *all*
> MEPs asynchronously.
>
> The issue description can follow from this; in WSDL 1.1, we
> we nee to
> describe how to do Request-Response or Solicit-Response
> asynchronously
> with MAPs, and in WSDL 2.0 we need to be able to do In-Out,
> In-Optional-Out, Out-In or Out-Optional-In asynchronously with MAPs.
>
> Because those MEPs and their bindings to particular protocols
> need some
> work to enable asynchrony, we have some dependancies on that
> work being
> done.

OK, so how about :

Our charter indicates that we must specify how the MAPs are to be used
in order to achieve asynchrony with all WSDL 1.1 and 2.0 MEPs ([insert
list here]).  At present there is no interoperable way to do this,
partially due to limitations or omissions which exist in the current
SOAP and WSDL specs.  In order for the WS-Addressing group to declare
victory (and build a functional test suite), these limitations/omissions
must be remedied.

--Glen

P.S.  With regard to the MEP list above, I assume we also want to add
Robust-In-Only to the WSDL 2.0 list.  Also, do we want to say anything
about using MAPs as the "secret sauce" enabling Out-Only and its ilk?