Implementing CR33 - the Policy approach to UsingAddressing, etc

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 00:00:30 +1100
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Before I commit wholesale surgery upon the Metadata document, I want to confirm the changes. This is my understanding of the required changes.

A.   Remove section 3.2 (wsaw:Anonymous) completely - the wsaw:Anonymous element disappears completely; this makes CR32 (allowing None URI when anon=required) moot. It also makes CR31 moot, I believe.

B.   Add a section (at the end) on Policy Assertions, describing the Addressing assertion, and its two nested assertions: AnonymousResponses and NonAnonymousResponses - this section will be pretty much a cut-and-paste of David Illsley's proposal, with AddressingRequired changed to Addressing.

C.   Do we or don't we retain wsaw:UsingAddressing as a WSDL marker? I thought we were retaining it for WSDL 1.1, at least, but I'd appreciate confirmation of that. I was planning to retain all of Section 3.1 intact, except for removing 3.1.2 which describes using wsaw:UsingAddressing as a policy assertion (this makes CR34 moot, too).

D.   I am assuming that the WSDL SOAP Module is being retained as a WSDL marker in WSDL 2.0 - is that correct?

Is this an accurate summary, please? If it is, I can implement these changes and pretty much complete the surgery to the Metadata document.

Tony Rogers