Re: SOAP 1.1 One-way HTTP Binding doc

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:25:37 -0800
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
CC: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, WS-Addressing <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

Thinking more on this, isn't this still a one-way?
I.e., a SOAP envelope can come back on the HTTP 202 response without
making it a request-response.

202 is intentionally non-committal. It says 'Accepted'. A RM-level ack
does not mean that the SOAP envelope is a 'response' to the 'request' in
the HTTP request.

I think it is fine to call it one-way (as you did in your previous
formulation). This is important, as there aren't any SOAP MEPs in SOAP
1.1 so everything is in the context of a WSDL operation. In the case of
status code 202, there isn't a WSDL level response as it is a WSDL
one-way operation.

-Anish