From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gilbert Pilz
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:08 PM
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: WS-Addr policy attachment

While working on my AI to write-up our conclusions from the concall of 11/27
I realized that we haven't discussed where the policies that contain WS-Addr
assertions MAY/SHOULD/MUST be attached as per Web Services Policy -
Attachement [1].

Here are some things we need to figure out:

1.) What is the permissible set of "policy subjects" for policies containing
WS-Addr assertions?

2.) What is the permissible set of WSDL elements for attaching policies
containing WS-Addr assertions (e.g. wsdl:binding, wsdl:message,
wsdl:portyType, etc.)?

3.) To what degree should the answer to the above questions be constrained
by the fact that we already say:

	"The wsaw:UsingAddressing element SHOULD appear as a child of the
wsdl:binding element. Alternatively, the wsaw:UsingAddressing element MAY
instead be included as a child of the wsdl20:endpoint (or wsdl11:port) when
an endpoint intends to indicate compliance with WS-Addressing for a specific
endpoint only." [2]

[1]  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-policy-attach-20060927/>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-policy-attach-20060927/

[2]  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-ws-addr-wsdl-20060529/#uaee>