RE: First cut policy write up

David's understanding of the semantics of the wsaw:UsingAddressing policy
assertion is in line with my intentions in describing it and (I hope) in
line with what the group decided on the 11/27 concall.

As I recall, we decided that "UsingAddressing" always has one meaning which
is that WS-Addr is "supported". When used as a WSDL extension in conjunction
with 'wsdl:required="true"' it means that WS-Addr is required. Unfortunately
there doesn't seem to be a way of both keeping the semantics of
"UsingAddressing" constant across its use as a WSDL extension and a policy
assertion *and* allowing the WS-Policy variation to express that the use of
WS-Addr is required. I thought we had discussed this and agreed that we
would have to live with it. If you really need to express the fact that
WS-Addr is required for an endpoint you will have to use
wsaw:UsingAddressing as a WSDL extension and mark it with
'wsdl:required="true"'.

As for nested policy assertions, again, I thought we had discussed this and
decided that they were too complicated. I now think we were a bit premature
in that decision and I agree that nested policy assertions work best for
expressing the relationship between the broad "UsingAddressing" assertion
and the narrower "AnonymousReponses" and "NonAnonymousResponse".

- gp

"too forward and one back
 blind fingers groping for the right track"