RE: WS-Addr policy attachment

I was definitely in the B camp last week but I've given it a bit of
thought since then.

My understanding is that assertions which are found on multiple subjects
are not merged hence I assume we'd only want to define a single policy
subject[1] to attach addressing policy to. Any policy experts care to
comment?

If that is the case, I believe that the Endpoint Policy Subject (port,
binding, or portType in WSDL 1.1) would fit well with how I've experienced
UsingAddressing being used. I can see a small case where you'd want to
define the AnonymousResponses/NonAnonymousResponses on an Operation Policy
level but I think the 90-99% case is that the policy would be the same at
the Endpoint Policy level so specifying it only on the Operation Policy
Subject would result in significant, unnecessary verbosity. So if my
understanding above is correct, I'd tend towards choosing the Endpoint
Policy Subject

If that isn't the case then, given I can see (rare) uses for specifying
AnonymousResponses/NonAnonymousResponses on specific operations, I'd
suggest both Endpoint Policy Subject and Operation Policy Subject.

David

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-primer.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#attaching-policy-expressions-to-wsdl2

David Illsley