RE: A minor question

<decloak/>

+1

But let's also be very clear that a fault is "generated" and that
"generated" does not necessarily
imply "transferred" back to the originator of the message that triggered
the fault. That would be
something defined by the binding specification employed. We chose
"generated" very carefully
for this reason.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295

"Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
03/17/2005 06:07 PM

"Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
cc
"David Hull" <dmh@tibco.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Subject
RE: A minor question

A fault is any message for which the following XPath expression
evaluates to true;

/soap:Envelope/soap:Body/soap:Fault

See[1], specifically;

"To be recognized as carrying SOAP error information, a SOAP message
MUST contain a single SOAP Fault element information item as the only
child element information item of the SOAP Body"

Gudge

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part1/#soapfault