Re: Self-describing Messages wrt MEPs

So we'd pre-define a second [destination] URI to accompany the
existing anonymous URI:

http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/null

Where

<wsa:ReplyTo>
   <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/null<wsa:Address>
</wsa:ReplyTo>

and

<wsa:FaultTo>
   <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/null<wsa:Address>
</wsa:FaultTo>

are equivalent to

1>/dev/null and 2>/dev/null for the Unix minded among us ?

What would be the semantics of such a wsa:ReplyTo though, would it
mean "never send me a reply to this message" or "don't use any
available back channel to send me a reply, but you can reply in other
ways" ? In other words is it scoped to the SOAP MEP, the WSDL MEP or
some higher level 'conversation' ?

Marc.

On Jun 22, 2005, at 5:08 PM, David Orchard wrote:

> Almost like wsa:nil?
>

> Dave

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.