NEW ISSUE: Definition of the rules to reply to a message in Core 3.2

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:27:57 -0500
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

-=- Title -=-

Definition of the rules to reply to a message in Core 3.2

-=- Description -=-

The Core spec, section 3.2 Formulating a Reply Message[1], states:

  The reply to a WS-Addressing compliant request message MUST be
  compliant to WS-Addressing and be constructed according to the rules
  defined in this section.

However, this section only defines an example and no rules.

-=- Justification -=-

I believe that it's useful to have clear rules to formulate a reply

-=- Target -=-

-=- Proposal -=-

Spell out rules for replying to a message, which I believe to be:
- select reply endpoint, fault, or source EPR, depending on the type
  of message being replied and the information found in the first
- use the EPR's [address] property as the [destination] MAP
- use the [message id] MAP as the [relationthip] URI with the right
  relationship type
- echo the EPR's [referance properties] and [reference parameters] as
  SOAP headers

Hugo Haas - W3C