RE: Thoughts on TAG issue EndpointsRef47

Hey Tom,

> Savas Parastatidis wrote:
> I have a question:
>
> Given an epr, how does the sending system determine the http address
> use to
> send the http post request, if all it has is a logical urn for the
> epr:address element?
>
> this is not discussed in the spec.

As it was the case with my P2P network example, the transport address of
the service may not be known to the sender of the message when that
message is sent and this is absolutely fine. We specify the logical
address of a service and we let the underlying infrastructure determine
how the message will end up there. The P2P network, for example, will
determine which particular transport endpoint is going to be used. The
actual transport address may be discovered after many-many
intermediaries.

We may also have application domain-specific registries that map logical
addresses to transport-specific addresses.

I would be seriously worried if such scenarios were not allowed by
WS-Addressing or if the spec prescribed only a limited number of ways
that transport address information was conveyed.

Best regards,
.savas.