RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers (why XML?)

From: Jim Webber <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:32:37 -0000
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

Hey Paul,

> > Actually while I'm on the subject: why does WSDL keep cropping up
> > in this WG? Addresses and interfaces are chalk and cheese.
>
> well, we are chartered to deliver WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 bindings ..

:-) Fair enough. I'm not entirely sure that makes a great deal of sense,
but if it's in the charter it must be right...

> yay! let's reinvent the whole 7 layer model in XML in layer 7 :-|

Er, no. Let's not. I'm just saying let's standardise on an addressing
format that all SOAP messages can use. That's not tantamount to
reinventing a whole network stack, just bringing SOAP up to the same
degree of functionality as say HTTP or IIOP.

Jim