Re: Issue 011

On Nov 3, 2004, at 3:46 PM, Martin Gudgin wrote:

>> EPR children
>>>
>>> Because the addresser needs them but the addressee does not.
>>>
>> I agree that it might not, but I think its premature to rule out it
>> being required.
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that no endpoints would ever need such
> information. I was trying to point out that there will be endpoints
> that
> don't care. And given how RefProps/Params work I don't really see why
> we'd need to standardize a one to carry this info...

My original suggestion was that we could replace the existing EPR
properties for WSDL port type and service with standardized ref props.
That way we keep the capability to include WSDL info in an EPR in a
standard way but also allow a service to mint an EPR that would result
in the WSDL info being included in messages addressed to the service.

Seems to me we have a two logical buckets in an EPR:

(i) Stuff that is information for a message sender that should be
included in a message. E.g. address, action, ref props/params.
(ii) Stuff that is information for a message sender that need not be
(directly) included in a message. E.g. policy info.

The WSDL information can fall into either bucket depending on usage but
currently is tied to bucket (ii). Perhaps we should provide some means
to specify whether that information should be included or not.

Marc.