Re: Issue 011

Marc Hadley wrote:

>>> EPR children

>>> I agree that it might not, but I think its premature to rule out it
>>> being required.
>>

>> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that no endpoints would ever need such
>> information. I was trying to point out that there will be endpoints that
>> don't care. And given how RefProps/Params work I don't really see why
>> we'd need to standardize a one to carry this info...
>>
> My original suggestion was that we could replace the existing EPR
> properties for WSDL port type and service with standardized ref props.
> That way we keep the capability to include WSDL info in an EPR in a
> standard way but also allow a service to mint an EPR that would result
> in the WSDL info being included in messages addressed to the service.
>
> Seems to me we have a two logical buckets in an EPR:
>
> (i) Stuff that is information for a message sender that should be
> included in a message. E.g. address, action, ref props/params.

Minor nit: action is not part of the EPR.

An indirectly related thought:
Given that action is required and action is derived from the WSDL --
either explicitly specified using the wsa:Action attribute or defaulted
using the default rules defined in section 3.3.2 -- one has to include,
in the message, information that ties the message to the WSDL.
Wouldn't it then make sense to include such information -- either thru
the use of service qname or action or something else in the wsa:To
header block itself? Rather than defining another MIH for this purpose?