W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > March 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 13 March 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 22:29:58 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UHUSaYkJwPW-w9aVbMpvbp8ZM0yU0YpX_LzWrRMX0sTQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

13 Mar 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Koster,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Toru_Kawaguchi, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Workshop
         2. [4]Daylight saving
         3. [5]TAG review
         4. [6]Implementation report update
         5. [7]Schedule
         6. [8]TF updates
               o [9]Architecture
               o [10]Thing Description
               o [11]Binding Templates
               o [12]Scripting API
               o [13]Security
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Workshop

   McCool: cfp sent out as you know

   [16]workshop cfp.html

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/ws-2019/cfp.html

   Koster: responsive css

   McCool: one thing outstanding
   ... there is a pr to fix the metadata within the CfP
   ... for facebook, etc.

   [17]Toumura-san's pr

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/712

   McCool: Toumura-san created a PR for that purpose
   ... Toumura-san, have you tested it?

   Toumura: no, not yet

   McCool: we can simply merge this and see if it works

   Sebastian: ok

   McCool: merged it
   ... Ege raised another PR
   ... (about TD)
   ... all, please take a look at the CfP and submit a position
   paper

Daylight saving

   McCool: US daylight saving has started
   ... explanation here on the main call wiki



   Calls are all scheduled in US Eastern Time, and European
   daylight savings starts on a different date, so...

   In Europe, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10 and
   then and then go back one hour later after March 31.

   In Japan, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10.

   For this meeting, March 6 will be as usual, then the one after
   that will be an hour earlier, except in the US (generally...)

   ]]

   Kaz: also added the information to all the telco wikis

   McCool: right

TAG review

   McCool: we're preparing explainer documents
   ... before getting TAG review, we need to get several wide
   reviews
   ... JSON-LD, etc.

   Kaz: sent a reminder to the JSON-LD WG

   McCool: we're getting late
   ... still need to work on the explainer document as well
   ... we should have our final version by Friday and finalize it
   during the TD call on Friday
   ... hoping wide reviews will facilitate faster TAG review

   Kaz: that's true

   McCool: what about i18n and a12y?

   Kaz: will talk with them
   ... ccing the chairs

   McCool: TD spec should be stabilized

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to talk with i18n and a12y contacts for td
   and architecture

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-169 - Talk with i18n and a12y
   contacts for td and architecture [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2019-03-20].

   McCool: TD is priority
   ... lagally, when do you think architecture is stabilized?

   Lagally: good contributions recently
   ... anything contributes to finalize the document
   ... security section also needs update
   ... some contentious discussions ongoing
   ... may need rewording
   ... finalize it by next week

   McCool: ok
   ... let's keep working
   ... regarding the architecture doc
   ... made a PR for the explainer

   <McCool>
   [18]https://github.com/mmccool/wot-architecture/blob/explainer/
   proposals/WoT%20Architecture%20Explainer.md

     [18] https://github.com/mmccool/wot-architecture/blob/explainer/proposals/WoT
Architecture Explainer.md

   [19]PR 125

     [19] https://github.com/mmccool/wot-architecture/blob/explainer/proposals/WoT
Architecture Explainer.md

   McCool: long section on application domains and use cases
   ... kind of summary
   ... and then added section on common patterns
   ... with key scenarios
   ... firewalls, digital twins
   ... and then requirements
   ... one sentence for each
   ... summary of requirements
   ... didn't change the architecture section
   ... we can discuss it
   ... and then main building section
   ... did add this section "Considered alternatives"
   ... first one is about targeting HTTP devices
   ... why we do it
   ... differentiation of swagger
   ... also move the way from JSON/JSON-LD
   ... syntax is not pretty yet
   ... briefly mentioned JSON-LD
   ... we should review this carefully

   Lagally: most complete form we have
   ... consolidate and finalize it during the arch call tomorrow
   ... let's tweak it tomorrow

   McCool: ok
   ... my original goal was submitting this today for the
   discussion

   Lagally: ok

   McCool: no empty section now

   Lagally: great
   ... much better shape than before

   McCool: ok, let's review this tomorrow

Implementation report update

   McCool: bunch of updates
   ... (shows updated report)
   ... includes more manual reports
   ... manual vs automatic
   ... these 2 columns (P and F) are now correct
   ... really good shape
   ... a couple of issues
   ... bunch of features on context still have problem
   ... right now we have tests for individual keywords
   ... we can add specialized tests for them
   ... single line for each
   ... will check in the TD repo
   ... haven't updated the features at risk info yet
   ... will update it
   ... that's done

   Sebastian: any critical issues?
   ... which we need to look again?
   ... e.g., security

   McCool: not CR blockers
   ... biggest chunk of things on security schemes
   ... we should do them as well before PR transition
   ... we have worked on the dangers
   ... right now we mark individual keywords
   ... but we should rather identify a specific section as "at
   risk"
   ... will clean this up by Friday
   ... and sort it out

   Sebastian: tx

Schedule

   McCool: we need to update the schedule
   ... would like to capture stuff here
   ... TD and Architecture separately
   ... (updates the expected schedule on the main call wiki)
   ... and need another section for wide review
   ... how long would it take?

   Kaz: need to talk with the related groups

   Lagally: what "wide review" means?

   Kaz: reviews by related groups and horizontal groups from their
   viewpoints

   McCool: updates the wiki again

   Kaz: (provides some feedback on TAG review for VC datamodel)
   ... TAG was OK with the current security/privacy section of VC
   datamodel, so we might want to quickly skim their spec draft

   McCool: can you send the information?

   Kaz: ok

   Lagally: 2 weeks for review and 2 weeks for improving the
   documents based on the review results?

   McCool: one week to improve the document?
   ... regarding TD
   ... march 15: Chairs edits to explainer fixed
   ... march 13: wide review starts
   ... maybe till 20?
   ... or 2 weeks till 28
   ... submit to TAG around 28th
   ... april 11: feedback from TAG
   ... april 18: CR transition
   ... let's start wide reviews immediately
   ... (updates architecture schedule as well)
   ... architecture
   ... march 11: explainer
   ... march 13: chairs edits
   ... march 21-28: wide review
   ... march 28: TAG review
   ... april 11: feedback
   ... april 18: CR transition
   ... btw, do we want to include DAS WG?

   Daniel: used to get considered for scripting api

   McCool: ok
   ... any other points for CR transition?

   Kaz: think JSON-LD WG review is the most important here
   ... will ping their chairs again

   McCool: ok

TF updates

* Architecture

   Lagally: architecture
   ... mm provide many incredible commits
   ... apart from that, we have volunteers for diagrams as well
   ... consistent use of colors, etc.
   ... would help readers understand the doc
   ... also working on terminology
   ... edge devices and proxies
   ... we have a consolidated doc by tomorrow's arch call
   ... keep the rewording problem open for a while

* Thing Description

   Taki: TD
   ... went through all the PRs
   ... last friday
   ... reviewed and merged all of them
   ... one of them just closed
   ... found out the results of the discussion
   ... the entire section 7 on implementation notes to be moved to
   appendix
   ... briefly looked at the TD explainer as well
   ... also took a look at the implementation report updates
   ... regarding features at risk, we highlight them as yellow

   McCool: add a note on features at risk within the status
   section
   ... yellow tags appear for the CR review
   ... in some cases, an entire section is marked as "at risk"
   ... maybe we should add some manual note as well
   ... now the descriptions are clearer
   ... would mark sections as "at risk"
   ... we can bring them back as extensions later

   Sebastian: ok

   <taki>
   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/405

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/405

   Taki: also discussed the issue 405
   ... please look at it
   ... related to op

* Binding Templates

   Koster: no update yet
   ... would make it more consistent with TD
   ... deadline should be within next a couple of weeks

   McCool: some time between March 13-28
   ... maybe 25?
   ... march 24: binding template updates

* Scripting API

   Daniel: Scripting
   ... short meeting due to time confusion
   ... discussing more browser-friendly api design
   ... Mizushima-san (and Kaz) gave comments we should clarify
   concrete use cases and needs
   ... might want to have discussion/showcase at the upcoming
   workshop
   ... need to check how scripting should be like

   McCool: you can review the architecture document for
   orchestration

   Lagally: where the scripting api belong to?

   Daniel: the current status is finalizing the document
   ... trying to go a step closer to browser vendors
   ... there might be some mismatch

   Lagally: is it going to change within a few weeks?
   ... or later?

   Daniel: discussion is done outside of the spec draft itself
   ... not sure if we can publish an updated draft at the same
   time of the architecture document

   Lagally: public draft?

   Daniel: several months ago

   Lagally: wondering about the status and how/when to consolidate
   it

   Daniel: the latest WD was published on Nov 29
   ... node-wot follows this spec draft

   McCool: note that the explainer currently points to the github
   version
   ... should we change the link to the published version?

   Kaz: we should use published dated URLs for reference purposes
   for stability

   McCool: from the architecture draft and the explainer

   Kaz: right

   Daniel: btw, the scripting api document will become a WG Note
   at some point. right?

   Lagally: wondering about the binding templates document as well

   Kaz: binding templates is a WG Note
   ... Scripting API is a WD
   ... we can publish it (=Scripting API) as an updated WD or a WG
   Note
   ... note that when the WG is closed at the end of June, we have
   to publish it as a WG Note
   ... we can use an Editor's draft on GitHub for TAG review,
   etc., but there should be no big changes for that document

   McCool: ok

   <zolkis> ZK: I suggest we publish one more Scripting WD before
   publishing as Note.

* Security

   McCool: security
   ... we canceled our call this Monday
   ... will have a call next Monday to review cross-alliance IoT
   Baseline security workshop proposal, etc.

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with i18n and a12y contacts for td
   and architecture

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/03/14 13:19:19 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 14 March 2019 13:31:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 14 March 2019 13:31:06 UTC