W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > March 2019

[TestFest] minutes - 6 March 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:11:06 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9V75MqOvHG_s1kwFREyaPoVipFwuqgAGpNo5OqoLwP5FA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/03/06-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT TestFest

06 Mar 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korkan, Michael_McCool,
          Michael_Lagally, Kunihiko_Toumura, Taki_Kamiya,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          TK, taki

Contents

     * [2]Topics
     * [3]Summary of Action Items
     * [4]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <taki> Scribe: TK

   <taki> Scribe: taki

   MCool: Last week, had an issue.
   ... the problem was that if things happen in more than in one
   place, the tool gave duplicate id.
   ... "in" in basic, for example.
   ... I made PR that added context in every id.
   ... td-vocab-* in various context, for example.
   ... this is cleaner now.
   ... also made overhaul to assertion tester.
   ... one schema used to cover the same thing in different
   context.
   ... I splitted them into multiple schema for each context.
   ... There is a PR for playground. Please merge.

   Ege: OK.

   MCool: There is redundancy now.
   ... Security only has "description", but not "descriptions".
   ... we can use JSON pointer to a separate file to avoid
   redundancy.
   ... there are many test with result "0".
   ... Link in Thing, for example.
   ... there are some gaps we need to fix.
   ... desription for security is new.
   ... detaschema format is new.
   ... Half of the yellow items should be simple to knock down.
   ... security scheme is yellow. this is odd.
   ... idempotent-safe-default was renamed.
   ... response-object did not have test.

   Ege: We had.

   MCool: defaults are manually maintained.
   ... bunch of untested things around @context.
   ... some have to be manual.
   ... "deferenceable", for example.

   Ege: People should submit manual template.

   MCool: We have example for Thing's @context.
   ... but not for dataschema and security scheme.
   ... We can manually get rid of 90% of these.
   ... multi-language content negotiation. This is a manual one.
   ... not sure if anybody implemented server to support this.
   ... Ege and I will continue to plow through to clean up.

   Ege: can you send template to people?

   MCool: it is outdated now.
   ... I need to regenerate them first.

   <McCool>
   [5]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testfest/2019-03-onli
   ne/templates/manual.csv

      [5] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testfest/2019-03-online/templates/manual.csv

   MCool: because there were new stuff added in TD spec.
   ... I will update, and send them out.

   Ege: Manual tests will not be tested by tester.
   ... People should be clear about the difference.

   MCool: Let's make progress before Friday.

   Kaz: we need a link to the updated report.html file.

   MCool is editing 2019-03-online/Readme.md to add a link to the
   updated implementation report.

   Kaz: OK

   MCool: Security penetration testing.
   ... we should do it before I go to AC meeting.

   MCool is showing Penetration Test Planning Readme.md.

   MCool: We would add to Wot Security Testing plan.

   MCool is showing Todo item before "test day".

   MCool: Documentation for the system under test - by March 11
   ... Please take a look at this plan document.
   ... Please call in security telecon to be involved.
   ... We can also use code analysis tool.
   ... for JavaScript, Java, C implementations.
   ... Action items (next step)
   ... Ege to review assertion tester schema, fill gaps.

   Ege: "op" values issue is in my list.

   MCool is editing action items in PlugFest Webconf Agenda
   page...

   MCool: I will get cleanup done by TD call Friday.
   ... make final tweak during weekend.

   Ege: I will work during weekend as well.

   MCool: I will update manual.csv as Ege suggested.

   <ege> (taki lefts, and ege scribes)

   <ege> MCool: (writing next steps)
   ... I suggest we close the meeting

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [6]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([7]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/03/08 04:09:19 $

      [6] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [7] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 8 March 2019 04:12:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2019 04:12:09 UTC