W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 5 July 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 22:47:52 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WfQg5-enBy7CPZqE_D8PHHr-5=U+umEzL0dH8C-0iEvw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/07/05-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking those minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

05 Jul 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/05-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Uday_Davuluru, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Daniel_Peintner, Kazuaki_Nimura, DarkoAnicic,
          Masato_Ohura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Zoltan_Kis,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka, Victor_Charpenay

   Regrets
   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          Michael_Koster

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]F2F logistics
         2. [6]TF reports
         3. [7]Security and privacy
         4. [8]F2F schedule editing
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

F2F logistics

   uday: LAN connection issue
   ... Wifi is available but no wired connection

   mccool: we will bring a router

   uday: one request for a monitor, does anyone else need a
   monitor?

   <dape>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results

   Daniel: the registration results have some required monitors
   listed

   mccool: bringing OCF demo and all required items

   uday: what is the setup? how many tables are needed?
   ... how many groups?

   mccool: 4 or 5 tables

   <McCool> saturday evening, Koster and McCool will be in Martim

   <McCool> can meet for dinner

   uday: who will be there on Saturday? can we get a list of who
   will be there?

   <McCool> for demo, need power bar per table

   <McCool> conference center will open at 8am

   <McCool> on sunday

   <McCool> demo room will also be open on open day

   mccool: add demo to the F2F schedule

   plugfest until 5 or 6 pm on Sunday?

   sebastian: keep it going as long as we can

   mccool: we will need to secure our stuff in the plugfest room

   <kaz> [Eurecom, Siemens, SmartThings+Intel, Panasonic,
   Lemonbeat, Tech Univ of Berlin, Fujitsu, Univ of Bologna are
   the participants in PlugFest, but only Panasonic and Eurecom
   are registered with the f2f wiki for PlugFest. So we should
   check with the other guys.]

   uday: the room can be secured and we can leave our stuff
   ... the conference center in in the airport by the Starbucks

   kaz: people have not filled out plugfest information

   mccool: there is a second table for everyone doing a demo to
   fill out

   kaz: will send out a reminder

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to send a reminder on plugfest to the
   plugfest participants (to clarify their need for table, etc.)
   [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/05-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/05-wot-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-107 - Send a reminder on plugfest to
   the plugfest participants (to clarify their need for table,
   etc.) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-07-12].

TF reports

   <dape>
   [13]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-du
   esseldorf-2017.html

     [13] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-duesseldorf-2017.html

   <inserted> [14]TD minutes

     [14] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017Jun/0040.html

   sebastian: have a Dusseldorf version of the CP document
   ... contains OCF bindings and semantic annotation

   daniel: there is an example

   sebastian: there is an update of node-wot for the new TD

   mccool: suggest to cancel Friday meetings
   ... Security TF will not meet on Friday
   ... scripting API TF

   zkis: adding examples to the API spec document

   <kaz> [15]Scripting notes

     [15] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017Jun/0033.html

   mccool: node-wot question, onrecieve is not implemented, what
   features will be included?
   ... is there a release note describing what is implemented and
   what is not?
   ... binding templates meeting on Friday
   ... implementing for the OCF liaisom demo

   <kaz> mk: made a new pull request

   <kaz> ... creating a new section

   [16]https://github.com/mjkoster/wot/tree/protocol-binding-templ
   ates/current-practices/protocol-binding-templates

     [16] https://github.com/mjkoster/wot/tree/protocol-binding-templates/current-practices/protocol-binding-templates

   mccool: implementing demo devices and protocol binding
   prototype
   ... has 90% of the work done
   ... it is a general solution to automatically generate the TDs
   from OCF information
   ... iotivity is behind implementing OCF features

Security and privacy

   mccool: put together questionnaire for everyone to participate
   in
   ... will have it to distribute at the F2F

F2F schedule editing

   mccool: what is needed to be done still?

   kaz: the schedule still needs to be done

   mccool: some times are already set for the open day
   ... open day schedule items (recording)
   ... please edit and add to the schedule
   ... what days need to have slots reserved?

   kaz: 15-minute talk on security and privacy by Lindsay Frost
   from NEC on open day

   zoltan: member contribution from Mozilla

   <kaz> [17]Mozilla's message

     [17] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Jul/0000.html

   mccool: walk-through of prototype protocol binding
   ... adjourn

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to send a reminder on plugfest to the
   plugfest participants (to clarify their need for table, etc.)
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/05-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/05-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([20]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/07/05 13:45:40 $

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 5 July 2017 13:49:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 July 2017 13:49:09 UTC