[IG-SP] Plugfest: Support of Brower-Based Apps as Callers of the AM Component

From: Pfaff, Oliver <oliver.pfaff@siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 09:30:29 +0000
To: "public-wot-ig@w3.org" <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
As discussed in yesterday's [IG-SP] call: in order to support browser-based apps (XMLHttpRequest, CORS, JavaScript...) as callers of the AM component we extended the AM instance to supply HTTP response headers Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

That is supposed to allow browser-based apps which were loaded from another origin than (https, ec2-54-154-59-218.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com, 443)to send requests to the registration as well as the token endpoint. Please have a try and let me know when you should run into issues

The HowTo document was updated to reflect this change (in footnote#11). In the course of this change I also added a clarification saying that it is up to the servient aka RS component whether resources at a specific URL, a specific port or all resources upon this component are protected (footnote#7 for HTTP, footnote#19 for CoAP)

Best regards,
Oliver