Re: thing description question

> On 21 Apr 2016, at 10:42, Soumya Kanti Datta <Soumya-Kanti.Datta@eurecom.fr> wrote:
>
> With the semantic based TD, how can we use it for automatic management of things? If you see IPSO alliance or OMA LwM2M - they provide guidelines on how to use CoRE Link Format for TD and utilize that for management.
>
> Did someone from TF-TD alrady investigate into this.

Can you expand on what kind of management capabilities you’re thinking of?

Off the top of my head, some ideas include:  transfer of ownership, transfer of service provider, software/security updates, changes to metadata, e.g. to switch protocols or communication patterns, or for the discovery mechanisms used by devices, for access to logs, and the ability to clear logs.

Do we want to make management capabilities an explicit area of study in the new Interest Group charter?

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>