Re: [Fwd: media wiki request]

Hi Steph, thanks for forwarding this here.

On Nov 9, 2007, at 14:48 , Stephane Boyera wrote:
> it seems that media wiki file upload is restricted.
> I don't know if this is something you did on purpose but for now:
> List of allowed file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg
>
> The uwa wg gave me the action to talk to you to see if you could
> add few more types like at least pdf/html/text and perhaps few more
> like .xml .css

Looks like mediawiki doesn't really know mime types but only file
extensions. Found on a forum, probably worth trying:
$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png' , 'gif' , 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'pdf',
'txt', 'xhtml', 'svg', 'xml', 'rdf');

Not sure I understand the use case of having a text or HTML upload
capability in a wiki, though - I guess test cases etc.

As an alternative, what OWL has been doing was put the files
somewhere (elsewhere on www.w3.org or sent to a list) and link to that.

--
olivier