Re: [Fwd: media wiki request]

Hi Olivier,

> Looks like mediawiki doesn't really know mime types but only file
> extensions. Found on a forum, probably worth trying:
> $wgFileExtensions = array( 'png' , 'gif' , 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'pdf', 'txt',
> 'xhtml', 'svg', 'xml', 'rdf');
>
> Not sure I understand the use case of having a text or HTML upload
> capability in a wiki, though - I guess test cases etc.

yes exactly, transferring existing content that you want to share.

> As an alternative, what OWL has been doing was put the files somewhere
> (elsewhere on www.w3.org or sent to a list) and link to that.
well allowing someone to post on w3c site is not that easy compare to a
download feature. And mailing-list, a part from the issues of size and
so on, is not particularly practical: limit public involvement or your
archive have to be public and so on. It is for me a workaround that
works but it seems easy to get the right extensions allowed.

btw, If you want to test this setup on uwa wiki, you are welcome
Cheers
Steph

--
Stephane Boyera		stephane@w3.org