Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

>>> Yeah, it seems like we need to keep this. Through opt-in works.
>>
>> It seems like if we keep this event it should at the very least be
>> possible to tell "closed because of user action" from "closed because
>> of timeout or other platform policy". And maybe also "closed because
>> of application calling .close()". Otherwise it doesn't seem like it
>> meets Andrew's use case or the use case above.
>
> I added the service worker API now, but have not addressed this
> particular point yet. Does anyone have a good idea of what should be
> done here?

If we keep the close event, then I think adding a .reason property to
the event object, which can be set to "user", "platform" or "api"
should work.

Though based on Andrew's latest comments, I don't know that anyone
strongly feels that we need to keep the event?

/ Jonas