Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> While JS running in the page can't tell a difference, the
> user certainly can so it can still be perceived as a breaking change.

Yeah, we'll need to see if new Notification() can be changed enough or
whether we need three types of notifications...

>> Yeah, it seems like we need to keep this. Through opt-in works.
>
> It seems like if we keep this event it should at the very least be
> possible to tell "closed because of user action" from "closed because
> of timeout or other platform policy". And maybe also "closed because
> of application calling .close()". Otherwise it doesn't seem like it
> meets Andrew's use case or the use case above.

I added the service worker API now, but have not addressed this
particular point yet. Does anyone have a good idea of what should be
done here?

> Note that I don't actually think that we need to even return a
> Notification instance when a persistent notification is created.

Fair, I return undefined now.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/