Re: [whatwg] seamless iframes and event propagation

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:12:08 +0100
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
Cc: Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org>, whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Eric Seidel <eric@webkit.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
> Can you elaborate on this a bit more. Note, you don't need to compute
> offsetX/Y until they are actually requested (which is what WebKit does
> anyway).

I see. That would change matters indeed.

Is that the case for all non-target/relatedTarget attributes that need
adjustment? That they do not actually need to be adjusted but are
calculated on getting based on the target and its conditions at the
time of getting? (E.g. for touch events, the new pointer events,
anything else?)

To nail this down we should more carefully define how those events are
dispatched. Which attributes are initialized and which are computed on
getting.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/