Re: [whatwg] seamless iframes and event propagation

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Can you elaborate on this a bit more. Note, you don't need to compute
>> offsetX/Y until they are actually requested (which is what WebKit does
>> anyway).
>
> I see. That would change matters indeed.
>
> Is that the case for all non-target/relatedTarget attributes that need
> adjustment? That they do not actually need to be adjusted but are
> calculated on getting based on the target and its conditions at the
> time of getting? (E.g. for touch events, the new pointer events,
> anything else?)

That's been our implementation experience. It's neat that properties
on event objects fall cleanly into two categories:

1) properties that inform the author about the actual event dispatch
process (target, relatedTarget)
2) properties that inform the author about the specifics of the event.

The #1 are the ones that need adjustment for encapsulation. The #2 are
the ones that can be either computed on demand or don't need
adjustment.

:DG<