[whatwg] Video, Closed Captions, and Audio Description Tracks

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:53:20 +0300
On Oct 8, 2007, at 22:05, Dave Singer wrote:

> We suggested two ways to achieve captioning (a) by selection of
> element, at the HTML level ('if you need captions, use this resource')

Makes sense to me in case of open captions burned onto the video track.

> and (b) styling of elements at the HTML level ('this video can be
> asked to display captions').

I don't quite understand how this would work. Closed captioning
availability seems more like an intrinsic feature of the video file
and the preference to have captions rendered seems like a boolean
pref--not style.

> Should we (Apple) edit this into the Wiki,

Please do. The wiki is open for editing.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/