[Whatwg] Request for HTML-only print link

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 01:28:23 +1000
fantasai wrote:
> Sander wrote:
>> I'd like to see an extension of the hyperlink to give it an HTML-only
>> print function.
>
> Websites shouldn't need to have a print link, they should provide a print
> style sheet with <link rel="stylesheet" media="print" src="...">. UAs
> should be automatically applying the print style sheet when printing.

Actually, the request seems to be for a declarative version of <a
href="javascript:print();">, not a way to to provide an alternative
printable format.

IMHO, I think the existing, widely used javascript solution is perfectly
fine for those sites that want to use it, although I think that such
links are completely redundant anyway.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/