[whatwg] JavaScript libraries for Web forms 2.0

From: Dean Edwards <dean@edwards.name>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:57:50 +0000
Elliotte Harold wrote:
> I know that Web Forms 2.0 is specifically designed so that most of it
> can be faked with JavaScript libraries as necessary. How far along is
> that effort? I've found a few bits and pieces here and there via Google
> such as https://sourceforge.net/projects/wf2/ but nothing seems very
> finished. In fact, to my surprise, the JavaScript libraries for XForms
> seem further along.
>
> Am I missing any projects? Has anyone published a decent partial or full
> implementation of Web Forms 2.0 as a JavaScript library yet?

I'm the owner of the sourceforge project you mentioned. That project was
to provide WF2 support for MSIE. Because Mozilla, Opera and Apple were
expected to provide native support we didn't bother to make the library
cross-platform.

There is a cross-browser implementation of the repetition model here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/repetitionmodel/

The repetition model implementation was written by Weston Ruter.

-dean