[whatwg] Ogg content on the Web

From: Maik Merten <maikmerten@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:30:28 +0100
Geoffrey Sneddon schrieb:
> Apart from those two, the others I can think of are those that are in
> excess of twenty years old (and therefore their patents have expired),
> such as H.260.

I couldn't find anything insightful about "H.260". Sure you don't mean
H.120, which is a 1982 video codec I couldn't find a current
implementation of?

(Which would explain why Wikipedia is not using it even if it
doesn't happen to hopelessly behind in basically every aspect imaginable)

H.261, OTOH, is a 1990 standard and thus still a bit away from getting
absolutely free.

Maik