[whatwg] microformats incompatible with WebApps 1.0 ?

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:37:19 +0900

Le 6 d?c. 2006 ? 11:23, Ian Hickson a ?crit :
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>>
>>> Interesting. That's something that currently can only really be done
>>> with tables, <output>, and hyperlinks; I wonder if we should add a
>>> fourth way that is more convenient for Microformat-like data.
>>
>> And it's needed in many cases.
>
> See my later e-mail; Microformats.org has already solved this problem.

has solved *part* of this need for XHTML 1.0, HTML 4.01

WebApps 1.0 doesn't have profiles attribute, and then can't be used
for microformats.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/

I thought it was. Is there a record of this decision somewhere or the
rationale behind it?

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***