[whatwg] microformats incompatible with WebApps 1.0 ?

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Karl Dubost wrote:

> WebApps 1.0 doesn't have profiles attribute, and then can't be used for
> microformats.

Microformats' use of the profile attribute is hypothetical. Most pages
that use Microformats don't use the profile="" attribute. We are now
migrating to a single-namespace approach where you register the keywords
instead of registering the domain for the namespace for the keywords.
Since in practice this is how Microformats are used anyway, this is
basically moving the spec towards a more realistic model. It is also a
much easier-to-implement model (no disambiguation needed).

> I thought it was. Is there a record of this decision somewhere or the
> rationale behind it?

I think this particular issue was discussed on IRC, so the IRC logs should
have it recorded if the logger was running at the time. But generally no,
decisions aren't recorded.

Cheers,