[whatwg] Dynamic content accessibility in HTML today

From: <juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

James Graham said:

> Of course, if you plan to put all the semantics of a document in the
> class names, we could do away with many elements. Do you object to <div
> class="h1"> as a replacement for <h1>?

I am reading this thread with interest but i have nothing serious to say.

However, i would ask what are your comments about introduction of
'semantics' into a class (or better a role) attribute.

Today, big trouble with XML and future semantic web is that both browsers
and search engines do not understand much more beyond HTML <h1>,

You can serve a XML document with <my-favourite-tag> that are not
understood beyond my specific software generating it.

Would something like

or

help to develop search engines and browsers?

Juan R.

Center for CANONICAL |SCIENCE)