[whatwg] [wf2] Late comments and questions on Web Forms 2.0

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> Right, I assumed that the accept attribute on textarea is a subset of
> the accept attribute on the input element. It is reasonable to assume
> that as otherwise the attribute is not really well-defined and because
> with very few exceptions, attributes with the same name are pretty much
> equivalent in HTML, regardless of which element they are on.
>
> If they are so different this should be pointed out in the draft, and
> the current "The value of the attribute must be a single text-based MIME
> type" suggests to me that parameters are not allowed either way. But I
> see you understand it's quite vague... I guess I'd prefer if the two
> accept attributes were actually the same, there is little reason for
> them to be different.

Well, they serve different roles... One has a very specific role in
deciding what can be uploaded, and the other has a very nebulous role that
is more about giving UA vendors ideas than about interoperability.

I've allowed parameters explicitly now and mentioned in a note that the
two attributes aren't the same.