Re: Issue 497: RID as read-only in setParameters()?

On 2/11/16 2:50 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> I think we decided that you can't change the RIDs.  I don't really see
> any value in calling addTrack + setParameters to set the RIDs.

The only value I can see would be users being able to set bitrates
without absorbing the (more complicated) transceiver model.

> I think it would be more simple to only allow adding or modifying of
> RIDs in addTransceiver or addTrack.  Allowing the addition via
> setParameters means we have to define when that's OK and when that's
> not OK, and it can get complicated.
>
> For example, isn't it possible for addTrack to reuse an existing
> RtpSender?  What if that RtpSender is already tied to a remote
> description, which means that it's already tied to what RIDs are
> allowable or not?

The spec seems to say about reuse that "Doing so will cause future calls
to createOffer and createAnswer to mark the corresponding media
description as sendrecv or sendonly, as defined in [JSEP]. "

Which seems to be about reusing m-lines for subsequent O/A. Is it also
about being able to send instantly, without O/A?

.: Jan-Ivar :.