RE: Issue 497: RID as read-only in setParameters()?

From what I understand of the problem, you can only provide a new value for RID if there wasn’t a value before, i.e. the whole encoding didn’t exist.

Semantically it sounds more like a write-once than a read-only?

Mathieu

From: Adam Roach [mailto:adam@nostrum.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:40
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>; Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>; public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Issue 497: RID as read-only in setParameters()?

On 2/11/16 13:34, Bernard Aboba wrote:

Your example does however point out the need for clarity with respect to the meaning of “read only”.

And we're going to want to distinguish between:

- Values chosen by the browser that cannot be influenced by the application (e.g., SSRC), and
- Values chosen by the application that cannot be changed once a session is in progress (e.g., RID)

/a