Re: translating content

Hi, Ann-Katrin:

I don’t know that there was a definitive decision regarding this. A lot of
folks have volunteered to do this as their first contributions. So, we
wouldn’t want new contributors to struggle with an English-first hurdle
unnecessarily, right?

I would advise:

If you’re not comfortable writing in English:

* translate and gather folks into a language-community to review your work
and help out
* write in another language — especially if you know you have an audience
in that language — and rally folks to translate it into English

If you’re pretty comfortable writing in English, you’ll have a bigger
audience off the bat and folks to help you along the way.

Julee Burdekin
Content Strategist
Adobe Web Platform