W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > January 2014

Re: Attribution to MSDN on JavaScript pages

From: PhistucK <phistuck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:52:25 +0200
Message-ID: <CABc02_KpiSbwApMiz0BYBOMaCP+oA_tQZ7e=T+QRRthUBC2wsg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>, Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>, Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com>, Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>, WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Oh, that is a very frustrating work. I did as much as I could with /dom and
it was a real pain in the ass to do when the information seems to be
structured so well to be done automatically.


☆*PhistucK*


On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi, PhistucK–
>
> While I'm sympathetic to your reasoning, I think that's something we can
> do manually after the import is done, rather than get it perfect from the
> start. We need to get closure on this import.
>
> Regards-
> -Doug
>
>
> On 1/28/14 1:52 AM, PhistucK wrote:
>
>> Why are the members listed manually instead of being drawn from the
>> hierarchy or from a property like in /dom?
>>
>> For example -
>> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/CharacterData
>>
>>
>> ☆*PhistucK*
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com
>> <mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 1/25/2014 5:21 PM, Max Polk wrote:
>>
>>>     I discovered a scheme to obtain all the original urls for the
>>>     JavaScript reference pages
>>>
>>
>>     Done.   A new round of imports has completed.  The pages should all
>>     have links back to the correct article now.  Also, now using
>>     JS_Syntax_Format template instead of Js_Object_Format, per direction
>>     from Eliezer.
>>
>>     At this point I have no outstanding issues.
>>
>>     I noticed a small glitch, there are a few tables that seem to have
>>     gotten munged such as the Number page's "Properties" and "Methods"
>>     tables:
>>
>>     http://docs.webplatform.org/test/javascript/Number
>>
>>     Half of the links to subpages point to the Object subpage instead of
>>     the Number subpage (like Object/constructor instead of
>>     Number/constructor) and would need manual updates after the import.
>>     I'm thinking this was an artifact created during the mass page
>>     renaming that went through several rounds.  All the right pages are
>>     there, just these two tables seem off in this one page.  Maybe we
>>     need to spot check other tables to make sure it's localized and not
>>     widespread.  I apologize, we had lots of regex replacements going on
>>     and it must have slipped through my fingers.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 18:01:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:57 UTC