W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > January 2014

Re: Attribution to MSDN on JavaScript pages

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:17:18 -0800
Message-ID: <52E7F42E.40202@w3.org>
To: PhistucK <phistuck@gmail.com>
CC: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>, Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>, Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com>, Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>, WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hi, PhistucK–

It's not clear to me what alternative you're proposing that should delay 
the import.

I would prefer to go forward with the import and solve this afterward, 
in whatever way is most efficient.

Regards-
-Doug

On 1/28/14 9:52 AM, PhistucK wrote:
> Oh, that is a very frustrating work. I did as much as I could with /dom
> and it was a real pain in the ass to do when the information seems to be
> structured so well to be done automatically.
>
>
> ☆*PhistucK*
>
>
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org
> <mailto:schepers@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, PhistucK–
>
>     While I'm sympathetic to your reasoning, I think that's something we
>     can do manually after the import is done, rather than get it perfect
>     from the start. We need to get closure on this import.
>
>     Regards-
>     -Doug
>
>
>     On 1/28/14 1:52 AM, PhistucK wrote:
>
>         Why are the members listed manually instead of being drawn from the
>         hierarchy or from a property like in /dom?
>
>         For example -
>         http://docs.webplatform.org/__wiki/dom/CharacterData
>         <http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/CharacterData>
>
>
>         ☆*PhistucK*
>
>
>
>         On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com
>         <mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com <mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>
>              On 1/25/2014 5:21 PM, Max Polk wrote:
>
>                  I discovered a scheme to obtain all the original urls
>             for the
>                  JavaScript reference pages
>
>
>              Done.   A new round of imports has completed.  The pages
>         should all
>              have links back to the correct article now.  Also, now using
>              JS_Syntax_Format template instead of Js_Object_Format, per
>         direction
>              from Eliezer.
>
>              At this point I have no outstanding issues.
>
>              I noticed a small glitch, there are a few tables that seem
>         to have
>              gotten munged such as the Number page's "Properties" and
>         "Methods"
>              tables:
>
>         http://docs.webplatform.org/__test/javascript/Number
>         <http://docs.webplatform.org/test/javascript/Number>
>
>              Half of the links to subpages point to the Object subpage
>         instead of
>              the Number subpage (like Object/constructor instead of
>              Number/constructor) and would need manual updates after the
>         import.
>              I'm thinking this was an artifact created during the mass page
>              renaming that went through several rounds.  All the right
>         pages are
>              there, just these two tables seem off in this one page.
>           Maybe we
>              need to spot check other tables to make sure it's localized
>         and not
>              widespread.  I apologize, we had lots of regex replacements
>         going on
>              and it must have slipped through my fingers.
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 18:17:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:57 UTC