Re: Draft blog post on CSS Regions

From: Mike Sierra <letmespellitoutforyou@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:28:03 -0500
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: Julee <julee@adobe.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi, Julee-
>
> This looks good to me (I guess I would say that), with one caveat, inline...

>> So when an important CSS layout feature like CSS Regions gets
>> experimental support from two major browser engines, WebKit (Chrome and
>> Safari) and Trident (Internet Explorer), we felt it was important to
>> document it on Web Platform Docs. (You will have to enable experimental
>> features in these browsers to see how CSS Regions works.)
>

> Do we document anywhere how to enable these experimental features? Can it be
> generalized? Should we have a page that list all the experimental features
> that we've documents, and how to enable them individually?
>
> For the purpose of this article, can we create this page, populate it with
> the CSS Regions enabling instructions, and link to it here?
>
> Regards-
> -Doug

I punched in some text here, covering both nightly builds & developer flags:

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/concepts/experimental_features

It covers Chrome's about:flags & Mozilla's about:config. Relatively
unfamiliar with the latter, so please modify if you know of more
relevant options to toggle cross-browser features.  I included a bit
about WebGL on Safari; any other runtime-flag option available there?
And I know nothing about comparable options in IE10 or Opera.  Feel
free to add.

--Mike Sierra